Thursday, August 6, 2009

Row, Row, Row Your Boat

Remember this frozen lake? This was taken in December at Delaware Park near our house, and the lake was totally frozen over.


Well, this past weekend Wes and I went canoeing on it! It was an absolutely gorgeous day on Saturday so we headed over to Delaware Park to canoe on the lake. This was my first time canoeing, so I was very excited. Here are some pics of our fun day and the beautiful scenery:

Wes was the master rower.





While he did all the rowing, this is what I got to do:









I wanted to try and row for a while, so we switched places. It was kind of harder than it looked, so I only did it for a few minutes. But it was still fun!




After canoeing, we went to Cafe Allegro, a cute little spot in the Elmwood Village (where we live) and sat outside with our fancy orange drinks.





We have never seen people enjoy summer so much as they do in Buffalo. Because the winters are so cold and so snowy and so brutal, Buffalonians take advantage of every single day of the summer by being outside and doing things like we did Saturday. We are trying to make the most of every warm day we have here!

No comments: