Saturday, October 31, 2009

Fall Festivities

We've had another really beautiful fall up here so far. (Side note: I cannot believe Wes and I have been in Buffalo for just over a year now and that this is our second fall here!!) The leaves all of a sudden started turning and it happened really fast over the last couple of weeks.

This past week we have had a couple of fun days going to new places we've never been. The Trippie family, Wes, and I went to a little village called Niagara On The Lake. It is actually in Canada, but it's only about 40 minutes from our house. It is a very charming place with lots of little shops, restaurants, and bed and breakfasts. We only spent a few hours there, but Wes and I definitely want to go back for maybe an overnight stay sometime. Here are just a few shots of Niagara On The Lake and the beautiful scenery. (I wish the pictures did it more justice, but you'll just have to come visit and we will take you there!)




This is Fort Niagara:


Lake Ontario:


Wes and Dan walking down the street:


And just one of the many gorgeous hotels there with a horse and carriage out front:


Yesterday Wes and I had a fun day going to The Great Pumpkin Farm! Here we are being goofy:



Giant pumpkins that weigh over 1,000 pounds!





Notice me there on the left, and you can see how crazy tall this thing was:


We got to feed these cute llamas!





And these guys were really cute and sweet too.



Oh my goodness, the cutest of all:


Fun times! I will be posting soon about our fun Halloween day we had today, and what we dressed up as, so check back soon!

1 comment:

leanna said...

wow, i have never seen pumpkins like that in my life. interesting.

and pretty leaf picturesss :)