Sunday, January 24, 2010

Winter Again!

Well, it's that time again in Buffalo for frigid weather and snow! Actually, it's been that time for a while now. Although I have to say that this winter has been much milder and less snowy than last winter was, and we are thankful for that! We actually did not have much snow before Christmas, but when we came back after Christmas there had been lots of it. We had a couple of weeks of pretty big snow at the beginning of January. Here is our front balcony - check out the depth of the snow on top of the table!


And this is the neighbors' balcony and the view of our street:


When the weather is like this, this is what Boston does as soon as we come in from a walk:


Ha ha! He runs as fast as he can into our bed and buries himself in the covers. We know how you feel, Boston! He is a southern doggie for sure.

January also was the end of my seasonal employment at Target. It was a real blessing to be able to work for a few months to enable us to pay for our Christmas trip, but I was pretty glad to be done with it. The standing for several hours straight was getting really tough on my back and feet. This is a picture of me in my Target "uniform" after my last shift was over! Yay!


Last weekend Wes was asked to play at a Walk for Cancer benefit at one of the local malls. He played all his original stuff for about an hour and a half while people registered and did the walk. He did great and all the folks really seemed to enjoy him! I know I did.


And finally here is my latest belly pic, taken at 35 weeks on January 18th. We both cannot believe how soon the time is coming! Everyone asks the question "Are you ready?" and we both honestly answer "No!" I mean, how can you really be ready for something so huge and life changing that you've never experienced before? We are just trusting that God will give us the strength we need to make it through and praying that He will prepare us for whatever comes!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

i love the bellypic i can not wait. sure wish i could come up but things are not heading that way. love you all three
mom